By Andrea Caccese
David Bowie, we all know, is an artist who had a massive impact on all music genres, including electronic music. The British rock star reinvented himself a lot through the years, exploring different blends of theatricality, stage personas and more importantly music genre. The electronic music community had fun re-inventing some of his classics. Here's a handpicked selection of his best remixes.
2. Space Oddity (Munk Machine Remix): A vintage-inspired remix of the classic Space Oddity track, here re-invented with a techno attitude.
3. Love Is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA): A great, highly percussive remix with minimal melodies and unique beats sourced from clap samples.
4. Rebel Rebel (Soulwax Club Mix): A remix that stays true to the rock energy of the original song, while adding some new textures.
5. DJ (Benny Benassi remix): a fun and colorful remix with lots of synth harmonies and melodies
6. Fame (Damage Remix): an all-out EDM version of this track
7. Space Oddity (Sundance Remix) - Another take on one of Bowie's most famous songs, this time approaching its atmosphere and aesthetics with a different approach.
8. Dance Magic Dance: A new take on a song that represent one of Bowie's most colourful and outlandish periods, as he approached the dance culture of the 80s.
9. Heroes (Aphex Twin remix): A classic track recreated by one of the most successful electronic music duos in recent history.
It’s always incredible to witness how different people bring a new twist to a song. At The Foxgrove, we make it possible for anyone to free their inner artist, regardless of musical experience. Join us at an introductory class on the art of electronic music production. to see for yourself.
This gem is brought to you by The Hunt, The Foxgrove's blog that looks into the electronic music and DJ world in the lenses of fashion, lifestyle, art and culture. If you'd like to contribute, find us at email@example.com.